The first thing on my calendar today was a talk with a lovely woman named Grace about her place here at Openet and how she reached this place. We had a nice chilled conversation whilst relaxing on some very cosy couches. It was great to hear yet another successful story and it makes me realise that one day that could actually be me.
Just before lunch Natalie and I booked a meeting room (very fancy I know) to discuss what work we've been doing over the last few days. Natalie even tried to show me some coding in which she was learning but it didn't go too well (like the blind leading the blind lol).
After a fabulous lunch and little gossip with our mentors and some ladies from our teams I went back to my desk and and continued on my projects and tasks.
One thing I've noticed over the past few days that I am very great full for is everyone's understanding of how much of a blank canvas I am and I can see that they are trying their best to paint easy and simple pictures so that i can understand and get a real feel of the work and life at Openet.
To finish off the day I attended a meeting with the rest of the team. It was good to sit in on this meeting and see first hand what goes on (even though i hadn't really got a clue what was going on)
One thing I wasn't quite prepared for was the early start and late finishing (4:30 being late for me haha). It really does drain you especially when you're being bamboozled all day with new and sometimes very confusing info. However its really nice to have Natalie there, someone who can relate, even just to catch a quick tea break with so we can chat and rant about how tired we are. I think I've made a new bff <3
Till tomorrow m'loves
Lauren
Hi Lauren,
ReplyDeleteIt's great that you got to talk to women who are working in Openet and be inspired and encouraged by their stories. Having Natalie in the same boat as you was probably really helpful for you, too. It's nice to have someone to talk/rant to about your experience.
Your writing is very clear and detailed. I'm getting a great understanding of your Teen-Turn experience. Well done!