The morning started early but
also with a sweet scone and warm cuppa. Surprisingly everyone was very awake
and bright even in the early hours of the morning, unlike myself (still half
asleep). I got started on my tasks eager to start working. Then around noon me
and Natalie went to talk to Fiona, the vice president of sales operations, who gave
us an insight to her work life here and how she got here. I was really
fascinated by her stories about her journeys. Her journeys and paths taken
duplicated those that I am interested in taking so she soon became a person in
which I aspire to be like (possibly a future me).
After a fabulous lunch and
little gossip with all the ladies myself and Natalie went to talk to Oisin, the executive Director of Product Development, about all the products here at Openet but unfortunately they’re not for telling
;) he also spoke to us about our career choices and interests (which for a
change was something a bit more digestible).
To my surprise I actually
really enjoyed meeting and talking to everyone about their careers here in Openet
and how they ended up here today. My understanding of IT and engineering has
definitely changed and I see now that it’s much more than what I thought it
was. I find it very intriguing, especially being here at Openet, at how fast
moving and evolving the company and what it does is. There is a constant changing
and developing with everything here in order to keep up with the world and I
find that I’m quite fascinated by it (the awe and wonder of IT and engineering )
Lauren
Lauren
No comments:
Post a Comment