8/09/2016

Day 4

It's Fridayyyyyy ! But surprisingly I'm not too happy that the weekend is here, I'm having such a good time here at Openet that I wouldn't mind working the weekend shift :)) Natalie and I started our morning of course with our morning cup of coffee (nothing new there) before we went to talk to Jeni, the HR director, about the intern and graduate programmes at Openet. It was really nice to see how motivated and keen Openet are on welcoming new brains to the team.
Over some lunch with the team we got talking about how Openet has just only recently enabled a new in-car wi-fi system for Orange Slovakia which I thought was really cool. In my eyes its basically the next new big thing. It also gave me a better understanding of the work done here at Openet, to be able to see and envision a product, especially working with engineers its sometimes hard to visualise all the work being done and what the output is going to be like .
After lunch settled down Natalie and I headed down to meet with another lady Sarah, the learning and development specialist, about how we can shape and get a head start on our futures. She told us little pointers and guides on how we could set some goals that we would like to accomplish in the future and then gave us tips and strategies on how we could do so. It opened my mind to all the little and big things that I could be doing now that would most likely benefit my future life and give me a better chance of succeeding in what I like to do most.
The only down side to my fabulous Friday was that it was myself and Natalie's last day together as she wasn't going to be working with me next week instead she's working the following week. The 'Coding Queens' time together has come to an end (came up with that one myself #proud). I honestly didn't think I would become such good friends with Natalie but it's clear to see by the almost fountain of tears that I was really going to miss her. No more hiding out in the kitchens with our cups of tea when we feel like our heads are going to explode with info or giving each other those bewildered looks when we have no idea what's going on or even our little Skype chats we have throughout the day.
 She really has played a big part in my Teen Turn experience and I thank Teen Turn very much for giving me a new BFF! I wish Natalie the best of luck in the rest or her time here at Openet and hope she manages to survive one more weeks lol.
I'm off to refuel, relax and enjoy the weekend TTYL                          
Lauren



                                                                            *Coding Queens on a tea break*




                   

1 comment:

  1. I'm loving the posts Lauren :) I'm enjoying the light humour and am glad to hear that you are enjoying the experience.

    -Vanessa (Echoing STEM)

    ReplyDelete