8/10/2016

Day 5

Back in again after an extra long weekend off. Yesterday, Monday, was my birthday and so I had the day off so I could spend the weekend away with family celebrating my sweet 16th :) (and eating way too much cake). So getting back into the working routine was a little hard (I might have dozed off once or twice at my desk) but thankfully a cup, or four, of coffee was there to wake me up. At the start of the day I was given some new tasks that I could get working on as my calendar wasn't as packed as last week.

My mentor Naomi sat down with me and explained all the researching and redeveloping I had to do. Naomi is a lead engineer in product development and she is also the head of the team that I am working with here at Openet, she organises all the meetings, sprints and stories within the team. She has basically been like the mother of the Openet staff to me over the past few days, guiding me around, helping me with my work and showing me what life as an engineer at Openet is all about. I've been shadowing her footsteps (her very busy footsteps) and she has been explaining everything she does to me on a daily basis at work here. She has really tried to make my experience at Openet a beneficial and memorable one and for that I am very thankful.
After lunch I sat down and had a talk with Damion, a programme manager at Openet. He explained project management and all the different methods like the cost, time and quality triangle or the waterfall. He made it as simple as possible for me to understand and surprisingly I did !(I should get a medal for understanding).

Today was also my first day without my partner in crime Natalie :( Not gonna lie I was struggling without her. A few lonely trips to the coffee room had to be made unfortunately. 


Missing Natalie but making it, I'll post again soon :)
Lauren


No comments:

Post a Comment